Computing to store files and use web applications online. A full list of services can be found on our A–Z listings page. Find out how much credit you have available in your print account. Printing costs 20 pence per A4 sheet for black and white copies and 50 pence per A4 sheet for colour copies. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings, help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. Kindle eBook is available now and can be read on any device with the free Kindle app.
- No more than two people may use a computer at one time, subject to the discretion of library staff.
- All our libraries have public computers and free WiFi.
- All computers have Microsoft Windows 10 accessibility features.
- Library staff can help you if you find it difficult to use the computers.
- You will be helping individuals or small groups of learners to improve their IT skills, ranging from complete beginners to more advanced levels.
- Full charged service £1 for up to 20 minutes , free on Fridays.
Computers and internet access at Dorset Libraries
All public computers in Gateshead have Deep Freeze and antivirus software installed. Deep Freeze will restore the computer to a “clean state” whenever it’s restarted. If a virus alert pops up, or you are in doubt about what a previous user has done, restart the computer before your session and all of their activity will be wiped.
Our public computers are connected to the internet and Microsoft Office software is installed. Most web-based email services can be accessed in the library. All our computers have security and anti-virus software and indiancultureonline.com any device you attach to our computers will automatically be checked for viruses. All computers are connected to a printer and printouts are available in black and white or colour; charges apply for this service.
In our libraries you can also log on to our Wi-Fi network and enjoy the benefits of activeIT on your own device, phone, laptop or tablet. If you arrive late, time is deducted from your session and if you arrive 10 minutes late your session is cancelled. Screen magnification and screen reading software are available on all computers. Free access to internet and computers in our libraries.